Icom IC-705 All-Mode Portable Transceiver
IC-705 All-Mode Portable Transceiver
A hybrid radio. Base station radio performance and functions are packaged in a compact and lightweight portable size. Whether you are taking your hobby to a SOTA, POTA, or some other "On the Air" location, the IC-705 will be your "GO TO" rig!
- Output Power: 10W with 13.8VDC external power supply, 5W with BP-272 li-ion battery pack
- Receiver Type: Direct sampling
- RX Frequencies: 0.030-470.000 MHz
- Channels: 500
- GPS: Built-in
From HF to 50/144/430 MHz, enjoy a variety of bands in D-STAR DV, SSB, CW, AM, and FM modes. The IC-705 receives continuously from the medium wave broadcast band to 144 MHz bands. You can also enjoy FM broadcast and airband reception.
RF Direct Sampling System
The IC-705 uses the RF direct sampling method, which greatly reduces distortion. The high speed/high-resolution real-time spectrum scope and waterfall display are incorporated in a compact design for the first time in this class.
Real-Time Spectrum Scope and Waterfall Display
Users familiar with the real-time spectrum scope and waterfall display as seen in the IC-7300 and IC-9700 can now use it in field operation. Utilize the base station feature without the price of one in a compact radio, quickly monitor band activity and find a clear frequency.
Users can enjoy the latest G3 Gateway and DV mode features and have direct access to the D-STAR network with Terminal/Access point modes. The Photo Share feature as seen in the IC-9700 is available on the IC-705 to share photos with other IC-705 and IC-9700 radios without a computer.
Enhance field operations with the built-in GPS receiver and antenna. Functions include location logging*, RX/TX locations via D-PRS, "Near Me" repeater search/scan, QSO recording with metadata*, and internal clock synchronization.
*Micro SD required
The ultimate, must-have accessory for the IC-705, the LC-192 is the utility backpack for field operations. The IC-705 stays secure in the ¼"-20 radio compartment mounting lug equipped with a safety strap. Adjustable internal panels for custom compartments for accessories such as antennas, battery packs, and more for an afternoon SOTA activation.
- The large 4.3-inch touch screen color improves visibility and operability in the field.
- Built-in Bluetooth® and wireless LAN; use for smartphone linking and remote control
- MicroSD card slot: store user profiles, QSO recording, TX voice memory keyer, RTTY logging, GPS data, and screen captures
- Supplied HM-243 programmable speaker/microphone comes with assign keys, such as volume adjustment or frequency change